On Sale this Week @ King Soopers Mixed Pork-loin chops $1.79/lb
The Ultimate Pork Chops – so tender and juicy. You can cut them with a butter knife!!! Pork chops brine overnight in water, sugar and salt. Rub in a
mixture of paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, dry mustard, pepper and chili powder.
Seriously THE BEST!!! Everyone RAVES about
these delicious grilled pork chops!
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups ice
- 4 (1-inch thick) bone-in pork chops
- 3 Tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- In a large pan, combine salt, sugar and water. Cook over medium heat until sugar and salt are dissolved. Remove from heat. Add ice to cool brine to room temperature.
- Place pork chops in a gallon sized resealable plastic bag; add cooled brine. Seal bag. Refrigerate 8 to 12 hours.
- Remove pork chops from brine. Rinse and pat dry.
- Combine ingredients for rub. Sprinkle on both sides of pork chops.
- Prepare grill and cook pork chops until they reach an internal temperature of 145ºF.
Apples on sale this Week @ King Soopers Honey Crisp and Kiku $1.79/lb
- 5 apples, green/red
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries and candied pecans
- 1 cup red grapes
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup vanilla pudding
- Core and cut apples into small cubes
- Slice grapes in half.
- Place apples, cranberries, candied pecans and grapes in large bowl.
- Add in yogurt and pudding.
- Stir to combine
- Serve when the dressing is equally distributed, and refrigerate any leftovers!
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information provided below is just a rough estimate and variations can occur depending on the specific ingredients used. Nutrition FactsApple Salad – Creamy Yogurt + Pudding Dressing Amount Per Serving (1 serving (1/2 cup))Calories 131 % Daily Value*Cholesterol 1mg0%Sodium 39mg2%Potassium 224mg6%Total Carbohydrates 32g11%Dietary Fiber 3g12%Sugars 26gProtein 1g2% Vitamin A1.7%Vitamin C7.4%Calcium6.1%Iron1.4%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Also on Sale… Bottom Round Roast $3.77/lb
Perfect Bottom Round Roast
- 3-4 lb bottom round roast
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Remove the fully thawed roast from the fridge and remove it from the packaging.
- Place the bottom round roast on a cutting board.
- Brush the entire surface of the roast with olive oil (you can use avocado oil as well).
- Combine all of the seasonings in a small bowl.
- Rub the seasonings over the entire surface of the roast – top, bottom and all sides.
- Place the roast in a cast iron skillet.
- Cook for 20 minutes at 450 degrees.
- Reduce heat to 170 degrees F and continue cooking.
- Cook the roast until the internal temperature reaches around 135-140 degrees (medium-rare is 145 degrees but the roast will cook as it is cooling).
- Slice and serve if you want to serve it medium-rare.
- If you want to serve it medium or medium-well, slice the roast in the cast iron pan, pour 2 cups of beef broth in and heat on the stove over low heat until the slices reach the desired level of done.